Digital refractometer RDAL1-ATC is designed for fast and accurate determination of ABV (alcohol percentage by volume) in range from 0 to 60 % (%VOL). Refractometer is able to measure also the sample or ambient temperature (both in the degrees Celsius °C and in degrees Fahrenheit °F).
It is suitable for fruit brandies or other distillates which contain ethanol and water (Vodka, Juniper brandy, Bourbon, Whiskey, Whisky, distilled part of Gin, distilled part of Ouzo or Raki etc.).
It is NOT suitable for measuring of liquors or other alcoholic beverages which contain additional sugar!
For measuring the of alcohol content in the metric system is used percentage by volume (on the bottle label is used sign % VOL, % ABV, % alc/vol).
If you know the distillate volume in litres ("X") and measure alcohol percentage by volume ("Y") by using this refractometer, you can calculate the volume of pure alcohol in litres by multiplying both values and dividing the result by 100 (ABV = X * Y / 100).
|Scale||Scale range ||Resolution
|Alcohol by volume, alcohol percentage by volume (ABV, %VOL)
||0 to 60 %
|Sample or ambient temperature
||0 to 40 °C (32 - 104 °F)
||0.5 °C (1 °F)
Tip: use our calculator for estimation of ethanol yield from fruit juice
The liquids measuring is very easy. By holding down the button "Cal" and repeatedly pressing the button "Meas" we choose a measuring scale. Place a few drops of the measured liquid on the cleaned sensor, press once the button "Meas" and the result value will be showed on the display.
General technical specifications
- Temperature range: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Temperature sensor accuracy: ±0.5 °C (1 °F)
- ATC - automatic temperature compensation: 5 to 40 °C (41 to 104 °F)
- Min. sample volume: 0.3 ml
- Measuring time: ≤ 3 s
- Power source: 2 AAA bateries (batteries are not included)
- Battery life: ≥ 2000 readings
- Dimensions: 135 x 65 x 40 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- Package contents: transport case, leatherette carrying bag, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, operating instructions in English