Optical refractometer for honey is equipped with one large well readable honey moisture scale in range from 13 to 25 %.
|Scale range ||Resolution
|13 to 25 %
TIP: Would you like to measure more characteristics? Build own special refractometer!
The honey measuring is very easy. Place a few drops of measured liquid onto the prism, press slightly the cover plate to eliminate possible bubbles as well as air and the light/blue boundary will show you the result value.
Honey quality - the maximum permissible limit of honey moisture
Council Directive 2001/110/EC of 20 December 2001 relating to honey
- in general (not more than 20 %)
- heather (Calluna) an baker's honey in general (not more than 23 %)
- baker's honey from heather (Calluna) (not more than 25 %)
Baker's honey is honey suitable for industrial uses or as an ingredient in other foodstuffs which are then processed and may:
- have a foreign taste or odour, or
- have begun to ferment or have fermented, or
- have been overheated.
General technical specifications
- Reference temperature is 20 °C
- ATC - automatic temperature compensation (in temperature range from 0 to 30 °C)
- Possibility of focusing
- Length ~ 175 mm
- Quality technical design, metal body
- Package contents: durable plastic case, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, calibration liquid 2 ml, calibration block/prism, screwdriver, operating instructions in English
Scale of the refractometer RHN1-ATC