This optical refractometer for estimation of water content in milk in the range from 0 to 20 %.
|Scale range ||Resolution
|0 to 20 %
The measuring of water content in milk is quite easy. It is done in two steps, when you place a few drops of measured liquid onto the prism, press slightly the cover plate to eliminate possible bubbles as well as air and the light/blue boundary will show you the result value.
For the most accurate measurement results must be respected the reference temperature of 15 °C.
The measurement evaluation
Tip: use our calculator - The estimation of water content in milk
- In the first step it is necessary to apply a few drops of undiluted milk onto the prism. We note the result "V1" (e.g. 9 %), we use it later.
- In the second step we measure the water diluted milk. We again note the result "V2" (e.g. 7.8 %), we use it in the next step.
- We put both previous results into equation X = 11 * (V1 - V2). For example X = 11 * (9 - 7.8) = 13.2 %
- The accuracy of results obtained by using this method is ± 5 % of additional water content.
General technical specifications
- Reference temperature is 15 °C
- This refractometer is not equipped with automatic temperature compensation
- Possibility of focusing
- Length ~ 160 mm
- Quality technical design, metal body
- Package contents: durable plastic case, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, screwdriver, operating instructions in English
Scale of the refractometer RMK2