This optical refractometer
, salt meter
, salinity meter
) is equipped with two scales for measuring of salinity of aqueous solutions:
- Content of sodium chloride in per mille (ppt, promile, permille, permill)
- Specific gravity of sodium chloride aqueous solution g/cm3
This refractometer is very sensitive and accurate, suitable for reef-keeping, marine aquatics, saltwater pools, measuring of water for washing seafood, saline mineral water, preparation of inhalation solutions and salt solution of very low concentrations.
Example: If the seawater salinity is 36 ‰ is means that in one kilogramme is dissolved 36 grams of sodium chloride.
|0 to 100 ‰
|1.000 to 1.070
||< 0.5 ‰
||0.5 to 30 ‰
||30 to 50 ‰
||> 50 ‰
The liquids measuring is very easy. Place a few drops of measured liquid onto the prism, press slightly the cover plate to eliminate possible bubbles as well as air and the light/blue boundary will show you the result value.
General technical specifications
- Reference temperature is 20 °C
- ATC - automatic temperature compensation (in temperature range from 10 to 30 °C)
- Possibility of focusing
- Length ~ 200 mm
- Quality technical design, metal body
- Package contents: durable plastic case, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, screwdriver, operating instructions in English
Scale of the refractometer RSA1-ATC