This optical refractometer
is equipped with three scales for measuring of human urine characteristics:
- Refractive index RI
- Serum proteins g / 100 ml
- Urine specific gravity SG
|Scale||Scale range ||Resolution
||1.3330 to 1.3600 RI
||0 to 12 g / 100 ml
||0.2 g / 100 ml
|Urine specific gravity
||1.000 to 1.050 sg
TIP: Would you like to measure more characteristics? Build own special refractometer!
To determine the urine specific gravity (density) can be also used Urinometer. In comparison with the urinometer is refractometer very effective. You need only a few drops of urine and you need not recalculate the result according the urine temperature because the refractometer is equipped with an ATC (automatic temperature compensation).
The urine measuring is very easy. Place a few drops of measured liquid onto the prism, press slightly the cover plate to eliminate possible bubbles as well as air and the light/blue boundary will show you the result value.
General technical specifications
- Reference temperature is 20 °C
- ATC - automatic temperature compensation (in temperature range from 0 to 30 °C)
- Possibility of focusing
- Length ~ 160 mm
- Quality technical design, metal body
- Package contents: durable plastic case, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, screwdriver, operating instructions in English
Scale of the refractometer RUR2-ATC