This versatile optical refractometer has been created during our own development. We have managed to put there all scales for grape sweetness measurement commonly used in Europe.
As its name indicates, it is designed especially for wine grape growers, viticulturist or winemakers for measuring of wine must from ripening grapes. The grapes sweetness can be read at four scales and at the fifth scale is possible to estimate potential ethanol yield from grape juice (must, young wine, vinum mustum):
- Scale marked as "%VOL" is designed for the estimation of alcohol content of naturally fermented grape juice. This scale corresponds to Czech act No 321/2004 Sb. – Czech Act on vitiviniculture.
- Scale of Ceskoslovensky normalizovany mostomer °ČNM (also marked as °NM) - used in Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Scale of the Klosterneuburger mostwaage °KMW (Babo) - used in the territory of Austria
- Scale of the Oechsle mostwaage °Oe - used in the territory of Germany and Switzerland
- Versatile scale Brix (% mas sucrose) - for wine used especially in the territory of America
|Scale range ||Resolution
|5 to 22 %VOL
|10 to 37 °ČNM
|0 to 30 °KMW
|0 to 35 °Bx
|0 to 150 °Oe
Tip: use our conversion calculator - mostwaage converter
The wine grape measuring is very easy. Place a few drops of measured liquid onto the prism, press slightly the cover plate to eliminate possible bubbles as well as air and the light/blue boundary will show you the result value.
You appreciate this handheld optical refractometer in the vineyard - the wine grape quality can be measured on the spot!
General technical specifications
- Reference temperature is 20 °C
- ATC - automatic temperature compensation (in temperature range from 0 to 30 °C)
- Possibility of focusing
- Length ~ 160 mm
- Quality technical design, metal body
- Package contents: durable plastic case, refractometer, cleaning cloth, plastic pipette, screwdriver, operating instructions in English
Scale of the refractometer RWN10-ATC